….freedom from tobacco and nicotine means stop smoking
1. What service can I expect?
2. What will the first few days of stopping smoking do for me?
3. What is the Simmons Method?
1. Session’s Structure
- Initial assessment/consultation via phone or Zoom web-link. No obligation or charge.
- Some simple pre-session tasks which will require your commitment to follow them through.
- Two appointments comprising up to 90 minutes per session at my office or across Zoom online web-link
- An MP3 download or CD track containing a priming hypnotic suggestion.
Bonus: The service includes techniques and interventions tailored to help you.
This service is associated with smoking or vaping issue only.
- Client’s receive helpful tips and tools as aids in remaining smoke-free. For the first month, I email you a weekly motivational email (optional) to cheer you on as you remain permanently free.
- For the first 6 weeks should an unexpected trigger arise you can choose to return for a follow-up session online at a much reduced single session fee.
- Or in the office at a fee which also allows for the therapist travel expenses.
2. WITHIN MINUTES TO JUST A FEW DAYS AND THE DIFFERENCES TO YOUR HEALTH
- After 20 minutes your blood pressure and heart rate will return to normal.
- In 12 hours carbon monoxide levels will drop back to normal.
- 24 hours pass by and your body will start to clear out the mucus built up in your lungs.
- In just 72 hours breathing will become easier and your energy levels will increase.
- Leading up to 1 month, the appearance of your skin will start to improve as the oxygen has started to return to your gums, your skin, and extremities.
3. The importance of the Simmons Method in helping you to break up with the smoking habit.
As a Simmons Method practitioner, I have specific training in understanding much more about how smoking affects the landscape of your brain. Knowledge is powerful in helping you become smoke-free.
There is less emphasis on generalised suggestions at an unconscious level to stop smoking. The Simmons Method aims to help you understand much more about what is happening to you. My training enables me to create bespoke treatments which help you to break all the unique associations that trigger the smoking in you.
Many people find hypnotherapy a great resource in their desire to quit smoking. In my East London clinic hypnosis is just one of the tools we will be using to help you stop smoking, Making your new identity as a non-smoker a permanent and sustainable one…
Ready to make the change?
What important to you about stopping the smoking?
What’s important to you now which means it’s time to break up with the smoking and leave it in past for good?
More often than not people have found themselves drifting back into the habit of smoking, and worse of all feel completely mystified by why this happens. Client’s come to me having tried everything else. Their head was telling them that they really want to stop smoking but finding there are specific times where their actions betray them. Like magic, one cigarette appears between their fingers followed by another, and they don’t even recall lighting it!
Wow and that’s a trance!
The smoking ‘addiction’ is not your fault… ever heard of the ‘nicotine trick’? This trickster is key in what persuades your brain into believing that it just has to have one more cigarette. The trick is to hijack the standard reward mechanisms of the brain. However, there is a method to re-educate those mechanisms in your mind, which helps makes that Pavlovian reaction a thing of the past.
Cognitive Hypnotherapy combined with the Simmons Method aims to change your old experience of failed attempts by empowering you with tools to take back the control.
What’s Different about Cognitive Hypnotherapy?
You will not be asked to close your eyes and be read a generic one size fits all script for the duration of your session and then be told: “bye-bye you’ve had your quick fix”.
Quest Cognitive hypnotherapists know you are a unique individual and your attachment to the smoking will have specific meaning for you.
My aim is to help you by looking at your reasons for smoking some of which may include:
- What’s motivating you to stop now and how we can use that
- What times of the day or what specific events trigger the habit
- How you can break the patterns of behaviour that initiate this habit
- What stress means to you and healthier ways to alleviate the stress factors
- How you can banish concerns about mood swings or cravings as you let go of the smoking
READY TO MAKE A BENEFICIAL CHANGE TO YOUR LIFE
The more you don’t smoke any more, the more the benefits continue to escalate. In your health and fitness, in your finances – and extends into other parts of your life. Imagine how you would prefer your life to be different. Like in your social activities, working environment or maybe family commitments.
*Hypnotherapy was proven to be the best method of stopping smoking by a meta-analysis of almost 72,000 subjects across USA and Europe conducted at University of Iowa by Viswesvaran & Schmidt (1992), reported in New Scientist (1992 – Volume 136, Issue 1845, Page 6).
Worried about the vaping habit and would like to stop? Check out my stop smoking-vaping page – click on the electronic cigarette
Ready to make the change?